Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Fundraising...

So, here's the downside. I can't do this for free. In order to ride with Bike-and-Build, I need to fundraise $4000, which covers the cost of my trip and still leaves a sizeable chunk for Habitat for Humanity and Bike-and-Build's offices.

My milestones are (think about them as milestones along the trip, since I'm biking 3863 miles, roughly 4000, and way more than that when you include how much I need to train before hand).

$500, needed by 2/21/10. I'd like to have this done by 1/21, one month from today. In terms of miles, 500 miles out from Providence, RI is Coundersport, PA.

$1000, which I hope to get as soon as possible. Guess Why?!? Because this is when I get my bike! That's right, as soon as I raise $1000, Bike and Build lets me get my official bike for the trip, and I can start training. Yay! This is somewhereabouts between Dayton, OH and Hartford City, IN.

$2000, needed by 4/12/10. I plan to raise this much by 3/30, the start of Dartmouth's spring term. This is Lake Andes, SD, the southwest corner of South Dakota.

Finally, $4000, needed by when I embark, 6/11/10. I obviously plan to raise this before then. Let's say I'll raise this by 5/15, which gives me about a month of wiggle room, for the just in case. But you guys are such good readers and supporters, I'm sure that won't happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment